Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Ninth Birthday Son!

Today is Tyler's birthday! I can't believe he is nine. Where does the time go? I know we all say that but it just seems like yesterday that he was born. I remember how excited and nervous I was to be a mom. Tyler was very planned but I wondered how would I deal with no sleep, discipline, and being tied down. Sometimes I feel bad because the first year of his life was such a trial for me. I had postpartum depression for a whole year and wasn't coping very well. I was young and naive and thought that if I tried hard enough, I could deal with it. After many, many tears and frustration, I finally went to the doc and got on some medication. To make a long story short....I soon learned what a joy it is to be a mother! I still struggle at times, wondering if I'm doing good enough but I think we all have those feelings. I realized I'm not the typical mom. I like to work. Sometimes I can be too harsh. I need alone time everyday. But, I love being with my kids. I love to joke with them. Sometimes I say things that a typical mom shouldn't say. I am trying my best. Tyler has always been such a joy to our family. He wasn't a typical baby in the fact that he hated to get dirty, he hated to have his clothes off, and he loved to sleep 12 hours a night. It has been the most wonderful thing to see him grow and develop his personality. Yes, he is a Swanson! At times it drives me crazy! He loves school, sports,and playing video games. He is a typical nerdy boy at this age but we love him! I look forward to see how he continues to grow! Sorry about the long post.....here are some of my favorite pics of him as a little baby/boy.



1 comment:

Morrells said...

You're a geezer if you have a 9 year old! LOL!!!