Thursday, October 4, 2007

update

I woke up early Saturday morning to my husband saying explicits and yelling that the basement was full of water. I went downstairs and there was water just running in a crack in the window of our guest room. Our whole window well was full and it had reached all the way across the other side of the house. We called an emergency restoration place and they showed up at 5am. Eric hurried and turned the water off and jumped into the window well to get the rest of the water out with a bucket. They were there for seven hours removing all of our carpet pad, vacuuming up water, moving furniture, and setting up fans. All of this happened a day before I was supposed to leave. After a couple of days of the fans drying they removed sheetrock and insulation in the guest room and our house is only six months old! They had to throw away a bed and rip out the carpet in Tyler's room and the guest room. We found out the cause of it was a part of the sprinkler that connects the hose from the house to the sprinklers. It split right in two. We had only had it connected two days earlier by our landscaper friend. Our home insurance won't cover it and the estimate for everything is $7300. Yeah, that's right $7,300.00. We our talking with the manufactur of the part and they are investigating it. Our landscaper told us that we could bill through his liability company. So, our two kids that sleep in the basement are sleeping on couches, my scrapbook room is full of furniture, and all of the toys are now upstairs. Hopefully, we can get some help in paying for it.


I was so excited to go to Disneyland. It was a just "girls" trip. No husbands, kids, or worries. Our motto was "we will do what we want, when we want", and we did. My sister was sick with a bad cold, (which we later found out was bronchitis) but we still ate at lots of cool restaurants (the ones you don't take kids to), went on all the rides, and watched some shows. It was a blast and I didn't really want to go home. Hopefully in the future we can go again! Thanks mom!



We got home Wednesday evening late and I was supposed to leave for "scrapaway" the next morning. I felt sick on the plane ride home but I thought it was just motion sickness. Well, I spent the next two days with the flu. I couldn't go to scrapaway and I had already paid for it. I had been looking forward to it for months. On Friday I felt a little better and decided to go at the last minute. I didn't get up to the farmhouse in Heber until 9pm but I started right away. It was a blast. You have someone cook all your meals for you, clean, and all the snacks and drinks. I got 22 pages done but I still have a lot more to go.

Since I was sick on Kenadie's birthday we celebrated on Sunday. I still didn't feel good enough to make her a cake so she picked one out at Walmart. She wanted a Halloween cake and was so excited to eat it. We gave her a new bike, Alice and Wonderland dvd, and a new doll stroller.(our other one was falling apart) Grandma and Grandpa Swanson gave her a TinkerBell backpack and a Dora story pillow. I can't believe my little girl is three! She is such a blessing in our lives.

No comments: