Sunday, August 15, 2010

Long time...no see!

This picture describes how I have felt lately....Crazy! Summer has flown by and now it's time to start getting back into a routine. I feel bad that I have neglected this blog and nobody probably checks it anymore. I will try to post some more pictures lately but here are a few.

Kylie turned seven a few weeks ago. Where does the time go? She is such a blessing to our family and reminds me daily to be silly and laugh a lot. She is really starting to blossom and turn into a pre-teen. She loves everything makeup, boys, girly, etc. She is very social and has LOTS of friends. She is outgoing and a sweetheart. For her birthday we surprised her with a scrapbooking kit. She has watched me for many years and has wanted to start on her own. She has loved this kit and has made MANY pages.

Eric has been busy doing scouts and coaching tee ball this summer. He also has decided to go back to school and has been taking two classes. Between working 45-50 hours a week, homework, etc he has stayed very busy!

This summer was Tyler's first year of minor league baseball. He improved greatly and had some awesome hits! He mainly played short stop or third base but he loved playing catcher. Here is their team picture minus some boys who left early.

Eric loves to spend time with the boys and do "guy things." This picture is of their daycamp.
Things with my job situation have finally been settled! I am "officially" working 32 hours a week at the hyperbaric and wound clinic in Cache Valley Specialty Hospital. It is a fun job with awesome people. It will be an adjustment working this much but I had to seize the opportunity while I could. Nursing jobs in Cache Valley are few and far between right now. I have to admit it...this past 8 months have really been a trial for me. I left a job that I loved, that paid well,and that allowed me to be home with my kids quite a bit. I left due to Medicare cuts and ever since then it has been a struggle. I haven't had any benefits or any paid time off. I have had 3 different jobs at the same time to try and equal one income. Every pay check was a different amount. Then I got sick and spent four days in the hospital. I was stressed because I didn't know how we were going to make ends meet! Through all of this I have gained such a testimony of tithing. This has been a long lesson for me to learn but I finally "get" it. We have kept being full tithe payers and have somehow made it. I am so thankful that we have lived within our means, had some savings, and have no debt other than our van/house. If not for this we would of been in big trouble! Despite all of our struggles we have been blessed to keep paying extra on our van and will have it paid off in two months! I don't know how, but we kept to our goal. I have learned that it's not toys or having nice things that make us happy, it is being secure with who we are.
I will try to keep more up to date on my posting!

1 comment:

RyanandKatie said...

Katie, I agree with you 100% on your last statement. I have seen tons of blessings given to my family because of tithing these past 6 months. By the way what a cute family you have!! Katie L