Saturday, January 2, 2010

Since I didn't do a Christmas card this year with a update about our family, I decided to just post on the blog. Lazy, I know!

2009 started out awesome with two trips in January. Ok, two for me, one as a family. I went to Oregon with my mom to visit my sister. We went to the zoo, Spencer's preschool program, toured the underground tunnels in Portland, and just visited with my neices and nephews. Our big trip was going to DisneyWorld for two weeks. It was the longest we have ever been on vacation and just plain awesome. We enjoyed 7 days at the different parks. We stayed at a awesome townhome where we cooked our meals, swam in the pool, and relaxed. We then traveled to Eric's dads house about 2 hours away. We visited and the boys enjoyed Kennedy Space Center. In March, we went to Grand Junction to visit Grandma Pat. As always, the kids enjoyed Grandma and her spoiling them! This past year has been one of health issues. Kylie had to have surgery to replace tubes in her ears, Eric had a stress fracture in his foot, I suffered a miscarriage, and Kenadie had her tonsils out. Whew! We are hoping this next year is full of happier times! We are very blessed though to have four happy, relatively healthy kids.
Eric: He is still working at Schreiber's on the day shift. He does get up extrememly early but enjoys having 3 or 4 days off a week. He took a trip with the "guys" to vegas to a concert. He is a bears leader in scouts and enjoys it.
Me: I am still working full time at Alpine. I have cut back a little and just work three days a week. I love my job and feel very lucky to have it. I did go to a scrapaway in February and to Park City with some neighbors overnight. I am so blessed to have an awesome husband who is willing to have his wife gone sometimes! I love to read,scrapbook, craft,and travel.
Tyler: He is in second grade and loves school! He loves to learn about science and math. He enjoys basketball, baseball, flag football, playing video games, eating, playing with friends, and watching the history channel.
Kylie: She is in first grade. She is becoming such a good reader and is our happiest child. She is silly and loves life. She did Tee ball again this past year and truly enjoyed it. She loves to dance, sing, listen to music, play with the cats, play with friends, and sleep in.
Kenadie: She is in her second year of preschool and loves it! She just missed the deadline by 3 weeks so she is one of the oldest in her class. She has discovered her attitude and has been a challenge lately. She loves to play with her babies, mother Easton, and play with friends.
Easton: I can't believe how big he is getting! It's killing me! He is such a talker and tells Eric, "I'm mommies boy." He loves all things trains and cars. He loves to cuddle and tells me about 20 times a day that he loves me. I need to enjoy it while it lasts!
That's our year in review and hopefully next Christmas I will be on the ball!

No comments: