Friday, May 14, 2010

Our trip to San Diego

I am finally getting around to post about our recent trip to San Diego! I screwed up my unloading of pics so they are in the wrong order! Oh well, that's what I get for not posting for so long:)

The last big thing that we did was go to Legoland! We had a mix up about our go San Diego cards and ended up having to pay extra for it. I am still mad about that one but that is a story for another day! We had fun riding all the rides but by this point the kids were all fighting as well as Eric and I bickering. I think we had just been together too long in such a small space! Isn't that what family vacations are all about?




On Sunday, we went to Oceanside beach. The kids enjoyed putting their feet in the sand and water. We walked along the pier and at the end is a cute 50's diner. We ate there and enjoyed looking at the ocean.





On Saturday was the big wedding! We went to San Diego because Eric's cousin was getting married. It was beautiful and so nice to get to see all of Eric's cousins, Aunts, etc. The reception was at the Hilton with the Torrey Pines golf course. It was so gorgeous! The kids loved the reception, especially dancing. I couldn't believe how much Tyler liked to dance and be crazy with the other boy cousins. Kylie danced until midnight and got to sleepover with Grandma. She loved it and says that was her favorite part of the whole trip!








After we saw the Padres stadium and lunch we took a tour of the USS Midway. It was extremely crowded due to a special event but it was still interesting. It's hard to believe that men stay on those boats for 9 months! I was surprised at how big the ship is and they have everything that we have! A barber, movie theater, etc. Tyler especially liked to look at the different airplanes.





The second day we went to the Padres Stadium per Eric's request. We did a behind the scenes tour and it was really interesting! We got to go in the press box, dugouts, and even by home plate! I think Eric was in heaven the whole time! We walked in the Gaslamp District and ate at a really cool Spaghetti Factory.





The kids were so excited to see Grandma Pat and be in San Diego! Our first full day we went to the Wild Animal Park. It's kind of like a zoo but it has animals more in a big habitat. We enjoyed seeing all different kinds of animals and our favorite was a 25 minute long safari ride!






We left on a Tuesday after the kids got out of school and me off work. We thought it would be better to drive to Las Vegas and stay one night rather than drive it all in one day! We ended up not getting to our hotel until 11:30 because the wind was blowing so hard against us the whole way down there! When we woke up the next day we went to the M &M store, walked around the block on the strip, saw the little circus show, and let the kids play carnival games. It was actually kind of fun! I am not a huge fan of Vegas but early in the day it was a lot better! After lunch we drove the rest of the way to San Diego!




Ever since we got home it has been crazy! The kids will be out of school soon, Tyler is starting baseball, the girls have a dance recital, the kids need to take swim lessons, and I have started training at the hospital. I have trained in the wound clinic and the medical/surgical floor. It is different then what I am used too but that is good. I am still working at home health and I am just trying to balance it all until a permanent position opens up. I am hoping it will all work out!

No comments: