Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Worst Mother In the World

You may be wondering why I put that title to this post. Well, it all began on Monday when I decided to take the kids to Walmart to grab a few things. Kylie was sitting in the cart, Kenadie was walking, Easton was walking and screaming, and Tyler was at home with dad. I was in the baby section looking at some clearance stuff when I noticed that Easton had grabbed a package of pull ups. Kenadie offered to take them back so I told her I would wait for her. After a minute or two I started to wonder where she was and walked around the section looking for her. I tried not to panic but after almost ten minutes I felt like crying. I searched the girls section, boys clothes, shoes and was ready to go up front when my cell phone rang. It was Mitsy(another mom of some kids at our old daycare). She asked me if I was missing a child and said that she was up front at customer service. I told her I would be right there and hurried to the front. After passing about ten people waiting in line, with glares in their eyes, I'm sure thinking what kind of mother loses her child in Walmart, and there was Kenadie. She had a sucker with a scared look in her eye, sitting on the counter. Needless to say, I am not taking my kids shopping with me by myself anymore. Easton is a major handful and I just can't enjoy shopping anyway.

Tyler had his first day of school on Thursday and he was soooo excited. He couldn't go to sleep the night before and was up and ready at least 30 minutes before he had to leave. He likes his new teacher Mrs. Aschroft and I love that she doesn't believe in homework on Fridays! Kylie is super excited to start Kindergarten this coming thursday and get out of preschool. She had her assessment with Mrs. El-Bakri on Friday and did really well. She knows all of the letters, sounds, and can count to 39. She was sitting on her teachers lap by the end of it and can't wait.



Eric had a golf tournament today with some guys from Schreiber's so he wasn't able to come to Tyler's football game. So I had to take four kids all the way down to Clinton by myself. He had to be there an hour early before the game even started. The kids were bored and he probably only played ten minutes on Defense. He did have some tackles and one really good one. They won so he was happy about that and had fun. I just can't get into it and I realized I was sitting there hating every minute of it. By the time the game got over it was 1:30 and none of us had eaten. I had to take all the kids to eat and by the end of it I felt near insanity. I told Eric, next game it's your turn!





No comments: