Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kylie Turns 5

Kylie turned five this week! Where does the time go? We started a new tradition of doing a special "date" with each child for their b-day. Kylie wanted to eat at Costa Vida and then we went to the mall and got her ears pierced. She did really well and didn't even cry. She also got a cut lip gloss compact that had a kitty on it and it was all gone by night time. We also got her a big coloring Dora book, grandma pat let her pick out a toy when we were in SLC, and Grandma Swanson gave her money which she is saving for DisneyWorld. Unfortunately, I fell down my garage steps and sprained my ankle, so on her b-day I had to get some x-rays done. I attempted to make her a Dora cake and it turned out awful! For some reason I didn't really care at the moment but when I look at pictures it makes me cringe!




Today we went up to Bear Lake with Cory and Jen and the kids. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast! It was so nice to just relax and let the kids play. Cory and Jen have a lot of cool toys so it made it nice. It was the first day all week that Eric and I had been together for any significant amount of time. Eric worked 63 hours this week and tomorrow will be double time. I have such an awesome husband who works so hard for us.




2 comments:

Lance and Mandy said...

I cannot believe you made a cake after spraining your ankle. Don't feel bad about falling down the stairs, I do it weekly. My kids come running to their old Lady at the bottom of the stairs and yell "are you okay mom?" I am so bad at stairs. My baby girl just turned 5, I have no clue where the time has gone.

Stacey Crandall said...

The cake is cute... a lot more effort than my kids usually get. Happy Birthday Kylie!!! We love you!