Sunday, February 24, 2008

school kit

I got this really cute school kit by Becky Higgins. On Creating Keepsakes website they have a link to "kit of the month". It is new at the beginning of each month and once they are gone, they're gone. It changes every month and it's by different scrapbookers. Well, this kit I bought the first day and I got four of them, one for each of my kids. It lasts their entire school years or you could use them for yourself. This kit sold out in six hours! I was lucky enough to get them but they will come back on sale I think this summer. They are about $36/kit and include everything you need plus sheet protectors. I had a lot of fun putting Tyler's together and it only took me 20minutes for four pages. I thought some people might be interested in seeing it so I posted below:









It has this really cool pocket where you can store all the paper's, certificate's, etc.



Tyler got spotlighted today in Primary because it's his seventh birthday this week! I can't believe it. Time flies. They gave him this, I thought it was so cute. It really hit me that as a mother it is my job to help him understand that he is a child of God. I have to admit, I wasn't that excited to go to church today. Eric was sleeping since he got home around six am so I got four kids ready and to church by 10.(I don't dare go to sacrament by myself) I am so glad that I went. Our lesson in Relief Society was from a talk from conference. It was by Sister Beck and it was about "mother's who know". It really hit home to me that I need to do a better job of making them feel special and know what a treasure they are to me.


1 comment:

Lance and Mandy said...

That is such a cute idea for primary birthdays. You must have a fun ward. It is so hard to get 4 kids ready for church, but the blessings to you and to them are worth every second of struggle. The Mothers who know really touched me also. I need to quit feeling all the guilt and just get to work. Children are like sponges and soak up everything we do. Your kids are so cute and so sweet. Crystal always says what a good Mom you are to them. So just keep up the good work. And by the way can you believe you are gonna have another niece or nephew?