Sunday, July 27, 2008

Randoms

This past week has gone by fast, like this whole summer, so I will update on a few random things:
*There has been lots and lots of awesome clearance sales-my favorite! I found really cheap things at Jcpenney, thanks to Crystal. I bought lots of summer clothes for the girlie's next year, some baby gifts, and finished Kylie's school shopping. I spent Apr $170 but saved over $1100! I love it!
*We had a nice neighborhood BBQ with copycat Costa Vida food, thanks to Stacey and Sandy. We had a chance to visit and the kids loved staying up late.
*Tyler got registered for football and fitted for his pants, helmet, and shoulder pads. I never knew football was such a big deal. We were there for almost two hours and it appears to be pretty competitive. Tyler will have practice EVERYDAY for an 1 1/2 hours plus games on Saturday! He has been walking around the house in his shoulder pads and pretending to tackle people. Silly boys.
*We decided to be crazy and take all of our kids to the new Indiana Jones movie. Well, needless to say we didn't stay to the end. Easton was a little crazy but not bad. The girls were a different story. They keep having to go out to pee, standing up, moving around, being loud, etc. We left with about 30-45 minutes left. Poor Tyler was crying because he didn't want to leave so we felt really bad. He was so good during the movie but the other's are just too young. So, Tyler and I went to Incredible Hulk late movie last night. It was OK but Tyler really liked it.
*Eric and I got called as primary teacher's in CTR 6. We teach Tyler's class which has 7 boys and 3 girls. Those boys are crazy! We were done with our lesson with 30 minutes to spare so we played hangman. Hopefully, we will find more things to fill up the time.
*And last but not least, we booked our DisneyWorld vacation! I am sooooo excited and have been doing a lot of research on the subject. I think Eric was going to kill me for spending so much time on the computer yesterday. We aren't going until the end of January but we wanted to book plane tickets before they go up anymore. We will be staying in a 3 bedroom townhouse with a pool, slide, and lazy river. It has a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. We are hoping to make meals and save money that way. We will do Apr a week between all of the parks, then go to Eric's dad's which is 1 1/2 hours away. We hope to go to the beach and spend time with his family. We still have a lot more planning to do but I highly recommend a website named mousesavers that tells lots of ways to save money and find deals. Eric told me I should be a travel agent since I love to research and get a high off of vacations. Maybe in the next life!

2 comments:

Morrells said...

Hey you got room for some Morrells in that Condo? You BRATS!!! Well your hired as my travel agent! SLC looked like fun all have to get the whole dig later! Tyler has an 1 1/2 practice that is intense!

Stacey Crandall said...

I am sooo envious. I wish that I were taking my kids... What fun! I am more envious that you are taking time off from work. Good luck with the football thing. We did one year with Tanner and I have strongly discouraged that from that time on, enough that we have not done it again. :)