Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oregon continued

I started to post last night and then got busy. So now I will add some writing to my post! On Wednesday of last week my mom and I flew to Portland to see my sister. My sister lives in a town outside of Portland and has for seven years. It was only my second time going up there and let me tell ya, it's much better to fly than drive. By the time we got there and drove in rush hour traffic we just had time to eat and talk a little bit. On Thursday we went to a children's science museum, did some shopping, went out for dinner with just the girl's, and then we headed off to a large mall and did more shopping. Friday we went to my nephew's preschool Christmas program, out to lunch, and drove appr 45 minutes away to an outlet mall. That night we went on a tour of these tunnels that are under the buildings in Portland. People would kidnap men and women and hide them in these tunnels until they were sold on the boats and the women were sold as prostitutes. It was very interesting but sad. Saturday was an interesting day to say the least. Our plane was due out at 6pm so we rode the train in the morning to the zoo. It was very cold but fun. We went back to my sister's to hang out until we had to take the rental car back. I got on my email to just make sure of the time of our flight. Just as I was done looking at the email my mom said, "wait-that says our flight is tomorrow!" I got the sickest feeling in my stomach and realized we weren't set to leave until Sunday! I don't know how I made that mistake but we tried to switch flights but it would of cost us over $300 just to leave a few hours earlier. All of the flight to Utah were already gone for the day. So we had to get the hotel for another night, return the rental car and borrow my sister's, and I had to call Eric and tell him the bad news. He was really good about it but that meant he would of had five days with the kids and teach primary all by himself. Sunday my mom and I did more shopping (I know, you're shocked!) and just hung out until it was time to go. Our flight home was smooth and we got to Utah even a little early. I am very happy to be home and I missed my hubby and kids. It was nice to see all of my niece's and nephew's and especially my new niece Kara. Yesterday Tyler was sick and ended up staying home from school. I took him to the doc and he has strep throat and now I'm getting it! Hopefully, we will all feel better before our trip. The kids are sooo excited but I'm not looking forward to getting on a plane with four kids.

No comments: