Monday, August 31, 2009

Our New Magnet Board

I am so excited! Remember me posting that Eric and I were working on a new magnet board? Well, probably not. But anyways, here it is! I saw this idea on a craft website and just knew I needed it. It hangs on a big wall in our mud room so the kids see it everytime they come in. It just helps me keep track of who is doing what and when.



First we decided what size we wanted and then Eric had Ipaco cut it. The sheet metal was $15. Then, we bought wood and Eric nailed to the wall. I think the wood was $12, most of the cost was for the decorative wood corner pieces. Then I printed out all of the names, activities, days of the week, etc. Next, I laminated them. Can I just say how much I love my laminator? I think everyone should have one. It is so handy for so many things and especially if you teach Primary like us. Ours was under $30 at Sam's. I put magnetic tape on the back and I was done. Tyler, for example has scouts on wednesday and practice on Tuesday. This week he has a game and scouts on the same day. I also make some for when dance starts, no school, basketball, field trips, etc. For now, Eric and I also have our own spots too. It is nice to not have Eric constantly asking me,"when are you working this week?" I also left room to put up school papers, etc. IF we ever do have more kids then we will make adjustments at that time. I LOVE it and we did it relatively inexpensive.

No comments: