Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some crafting going on....

Remember how I said I was on a crafting kick? Well, this is what I accomplished this past week:
This is what Easton had above his bed

They were cute but since we all know Easton has an obsession with trains I wanted to somehow incorporate that into his room. I bought three little cute wood cutouts of an airplane, car, and train. Eric removed the back from the frames which was a major job in itself. I sanded, stained, and attached the wood cutouts to some scrapbook paper. Wah lah.

I had this frame already so I just used some more scrapbook paper and a couple of my favorite pic's of when he was little.


The total cost:
3 wood cutouts $1.80
scrapbook paper $3.20
=$5. I also mod podged a big letter "E" with some of the paper and put it on his shelf above the bed. I am still working on the other wall so I will update when it's done.
Now this next one I LOVE. I had been wanting/thinking for months now of what to put on this wall downstairs. I used to have all of the kids updated school pics but I didn't love it. I saw this idea on a craft blog called The Creative Crate.

Eric was helping me by putting the vinyl saying on the wall but he didn't put it on exactly level! It's not that noticeable but just enough to bug me.
The total cost:
board with hooks(which I already had laying around) $6.00
Star-I already had so I don't remember
Vinyl saying $9.99 at Hobby Lobby (which was 50% off)
Total: $16
I also plan to put two pics on each side of the kids when they were babies.
Other things I did:
Had Eric hang up a large Temple pic that I took
Removed our door between our mud room and kitchen. We never closed it so it just took up room
Mod Podged Kylie's name to put on her wall after I paint it
Had Kylie draw a pic of our family, stamped "family" on scrapbook paper, added some ribbon, and hung on the wall
Mod podged the letter "T" for Tyler's desk.
I have plans to make a large magnetic board with dividers for each child and hang in our mud room. I saw it on another blog called The Idea Room. Eric is getting tired of my projects and is probably hoping it ends soon!