Sunday, August 9, 2009

Past Week

We had a lot of fun this past week! On Thursday we took the kids and one neighbor friend swimming at the Aquatic Center. We were only there for about an hour when they kicked everyone out for lightning. We decided to go over the fair! We spent three hours looking at the animals, crafts, had a snowie, and each kid got to pick one ride. After we were done there, we went back over swimming. It was so nice since almost everyone had left. Tyler's favorite was the "straight slide" and as soon as he would get off he would go back to the top. Eric and I couldn't believe how easy it was! We sat in the shallow water and just watched them play.
Yesterday, Eric and I had a date to Lagoon. It was my work party and many thanks to Grandma, we spent the whole day. Alone. We went on all of the "big" rides that you can't do when your kids are little or too chicken. (Tyler) I loved floating in the lazy canal and going down the slides with the tubes. We left early and ate at Olive Garden. We ended up getting home early and were able to just relax. Kylie asked me why we were going alone. My response was, "so we can remember why we got married." I think we accomplished our goal!
For the past while I've been thinking a lot about my kids getting older, working so much, etc, etc. So....I've decided to cut down at work. I know I have said this in the past many, many, many times. I have always had a fear that I won't be able to provide for my kids so I have worked as much as I could. But lately I've decided I just have to do it. We financially can afford it and my husband has always been willing to work extra if I want to be home more. He is so awesome! I talked with work and will work 3 days a week. I also will work set days. This will help when I'm trying to make appointments, etc. I still will be considered full time but at my job, this is not a 40 hour work week. Can I just say I work at an awesome place? For the most part, my job is ideal.
Lately I've been getting way into crafting and wanting to create different things to decorate my home with. After two years of living here and I need some change. I mentioned the word PAINT to my husband and he cringed! (He painted our entire house when we built it!) I just need some change and want to create more personalized things. I have found so many awesome websites to get ideas from and will share some projects as I get them done! This first one took approximately 10 minutes. So easy! I already had this simple wood frame that you can buy from Michaels for $1. Add some mod poge, scrapbook paper, and a little ribbon. It's not perfect but think it turned out ok.
I made this for Kenadie's room for her shelf.

I found the cute bunny at Hobby Lobby for $3. It was in the garden clearance section but I think it works well in this space.

No comments: