Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Surgery

Well, we found out today that Kylie needs to have surgery. She has had ear infections, not a ton, but enough to be a bother since she was a toddler. The past six months we've noticed that her hearing has decreased. Then, at her preschool they had people from the university come and screen for hearing/learning/speech disabilities. Kylie failed both of her hearing tests so we made an appt with Dr Wood. Even in the past few weeks I've noticed her hearing getting even worse and when my mom watched her she noticed it to. Dr. Wood was so awesome and said that she has fluid that looks like "snot" behind her ear drum. He also noticed that she breathes completely out of her mouth and probably needs her adnoids (is that how you spell it?) out too. Then he noticed her tonsils are on the larger side. He said we could wait but would probably need to get them out later. So, she is having surgery on May 20th. This will be my first child to have surgery. Even though I'm a nurse it is still different when it's your child. I am happy though that we are taking care of this before school. I had my tonsils out when I was 12 and I know it won't be fun for her.
We also have been raking our yard and it was just getting look nice then it had to rain like crazy! Since we live on a hill it has made all sorts of nice trails through our yard. Oh well, we needed something to do. Right?

No comments: